Monday, April 22, 2013

Happy Earth Day! ~ TSOT 114 & CASE Study 137


Happy Earth Day everyone!  As luck would have it, Case Study's challenge this week goes right along with the earth/world theme!  Here's the card we were to be inspired by...

I also used the sketch from Try Stampin' on Tuesday.  When I saw the inspiration card, I knew right away I'd use this image from the Word Play set.  I inked it up with the colors from the inspiration card with my markers.  Now that I look at it again though, I remembered that I had originly planned to use Pool Party instead of Marina Mist....whoops! 
I wanted to bring the black from the inspiration card in with layering.  I love a pop of black against bright colors. 
With all the layering on this card it weighs about a pound and a half!  I like the way it turned out though....very festive and fun!  I added a bit of sparkle with Glimmer Brads in the opposite corners and Dazzeling Diamonds glitter on the itty bitty world.
 
 
Here's a list of my supplies.....
Stamps: Word Play
Paper: Black, White, Marina Mist, Gumball Green, Sunny Days & InColor DSP
Ink: Daffodil Delight, Primrose Petals, Gumball Green, Marina Mist
Accessories: Circles #2 die, 3/4" circle punch, Glimmer brads, Stripe EF, Dazzeling Diamonds glitter, Dimensionals
 
Thanks for taking a peek!
Jenny


4 comments:

  1. Great take on our sketch this week. Great color combo, love that sentiment and the use of the circle world image. Thanks for playing along with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday - Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! I love all the colour and layers and the black certainly sets it off. Thanks for joining us this week at Try Stampin' On Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great depth. Thanks for sharing with us this week at TSOT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layering and I love the touch of sparkle. Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week :)

    ReplyDelete