Thursday, March 21, 2019

Let It Ride Palomino ~ CCMC553, CTC220, Inspire.Create.039, SUOC219

Hello there stampers!  Today's card is for an interesting color challenge at Create with Connie and Mary.  The colors are Gray Granite, So Saffron, and Mango Melody.  I was trying to come up with something different and thought of coloring the horse from {Let it Ride} like a Palomino.  I think she came out so nice, don't you?  I was originally gonna color her So Saffron, but I wanted to use the blends markers, and since there is not So Saffron blend I went with Mango Melody.  I tell you what....I NEVER thought that Mango Melody would be a color that I love, but I sure do!  Also, there is no Gray Granite blends, so I used a combo of light Crumb Cake and light Smokey Slate.
So, with the horse as my theme in place, which ties into Inspire.Create.Challenges #039 Pets theme, I needed a sketch to follow.  Casing The Catty always comes through, so I chose to case the rooster card on the right on page 11 in the Sale-a-bration catalog. 
I'm also participating in SUO Challenges #219: Coloring, which works wonderfully with my Blends marker horse. 

No photo description available.




For the yellow background panel I ran a piece of So Saffron through the big shot with my Pinewood Plank TIEF and then sponged So Saffron ink into it to get the wood grain to show up a bit better.  I also sponged so Gray Granite over the top and sides as well.  To get the smaller, skinnier label from the Everyday Label punch, I cut a strip of gray Granite a little smaller than 1".  I stamped the sentiment on it and then fed the ends of the strip into one end of the punch at a time, as shown below.



Here's a list of my supplies....
Stamps: Let it Ride
Ink: Memento Black, Gray Granite, So Saffron, Mango Melody Blends, Light Crumb Cake and Light Smokey Slate Blends
Paper: Very Vanilla, Gray Granite, So Saffron
Accessories: Pinewood Plank TIEF, Braided Linen Trim, Everyday Label punch, Stitched Rectangle Framelits
Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny

5 comments:

  1. A great card to combine both challenges - that Mango looks really nice with the grey. Thanks for joining us at SUO Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your coloring on the horse is fantastic as is the whole card. I love how you used he everyday lable punch to make your sentiment piece. Thanks so much for joining us at the SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Palomino is gorgeous and I like how you did the shading around the trees in the background. I definitely need to practice more with my Blends after seeing your card :) Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's a tremendous amount of appreciated detail in this card and it shows. It's awesome. Thank you so much for joining us at SUOChallenges.com. We hope to see you back tomorrow for another challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Jenny. Thanks for joining in with Inspire.Create.Challenge
    x

    ReplyDelete