Friday, March 22, 2019

Mango Beautiful Day ~ CCMC553, TGIF204, SUO219


Hey stampers!  Today I'm sharing a card that takes in the Create with Connie and Mary color challenge #553, TGIF Challenge #204 Blends Markers, and SUO219 Coloring challenge


I loosely cased this card made by the amazing Dena Rekow.  I loved the layout and neutral with a pop of color, so that's the direction I wanted to go in.  
I started out stamping the cluster of flowers from {Wood Words} on a piece of Wood Textures DSP and then ran the whole thing through my big shot with the Subtle TIEF.  I stamped the sentiment from {Needle and Thread} on a 1 1/2" strip, also from Wood Textures DSP and adhered it in the middle of the main panel.  I stamped the flower from {Beautiful Day} in Memento ink and colored it with my Mango Melody Blends markers.  I colored the center of the flower and the leaf with light Crumb Cake and light Smokey Slate. The whole flower was fussy cut.
I then cut some leaves out of vellum from the retired Rose Garden Thinlits and layered them behind the Beautiful Day flower after it was popped up on dimensionals.  
Next, I layered the main panel on a piece of Gray Granite matte and also a piece of Crumb Cake.  The whole thing was then layered on a So Saffron card base.  


Lastly, I spayed the entire thing with Champagne Shimmer spritz.


Here's a list of my supplies.....
Stamps: Beautiful Day, Needle and Thread
Ink: Mango Melody Blends, light Smokey Slate and light Crumb Cake Blends, Memento Black, Gray Granite
Paper: So Saffron, Crumb Cake, Smokey Slate, Wood Textures DSP, Vellum, Whisper White
Accessories: Subtle TIEF, Rose Garden Thinlits

Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and coloring!!! I especially love the vellum leaves. Thanks for joining TGIF Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another lovely card Jenny - thanks for joining us again at SUO Challenge this week. I see you are still liking the Mango!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look of the vellum leaves behind your beautifully colored flower. Beautiful Day is one of my favorite sets for coloring! Thanks for joining us at SUO Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your coloring and choice of colors. What a great card! Thank you so much for joining us at SUOChallenges.com. We hope to see you back tomorrow for another challenge.

    ReplyDelete