Hey friends! Today's card is for Hand Stamped Sentiments September color challenge. We have fallish color palette of Secret Sea, Cajun Craze, and Pool Party. I also used the sketch challenge from As You See It #380. My card features a gorgeous peice of Beautiful Gallery DSP. I added leaf diecuts in the challenge colors from the Changing Leaves die set. Everything is settled on a Cajun Craze background piece cut from Ornate Layers dies.
The melancholy feel of the DSP seemed to me like it called for a sympathy sentiment, so I pulled out my Heal Your Heart set.
I finished the foliage cluster with a couple small snippets of Night of Navy corduroy ribbon that I brushed with a Secret Sea blends marker and a linen thread bow. A few glossy dots finish out the embellishments.
The whole main panel is splattered with Secret Sea blends marker.
Here's a list of my supplies.....
Stamps: Heal Your Heart
Paper: Secret Sea, Cajun Craze, Pool Party, Beautiful Gallery DSP
Ink: Secret Sea ink and Blends, Cajun Craze
Accessories: Changing Leaves and Ornate Layers dies, Linen Thread, corduroy ribbon, glossy dots
Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny





I really love this, Jenny. I like the use of the scenic paper to set the tone then the way you've built up the season with the die cuts. The frilly border is a lovely way to add detail without being too OTT. You've reminded me that I still have this set but its been a while since it saw action! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at As You See It.
ReplyDeleteVery nicely done...those colors threw me for a loop but I can see how they do work together in such a beautiful way on your card! I admire the use of that Ornate layer---it drove me crazy trying to get out all the little pieces, but it does look lovely here! Thanks for playing with our sketch this week at As You See It!
ReplyDeleteA very soothing card that will bring comfort to someone special. Thanks for joining us at As You See It Challenges.
ReplyDelete