Thursday, August 2, 2018

Lovely Magical Mermaid ~ CCMC521, SSC184


Hello stampers!  Welcome back to another challenge from Create with Connie and Mary!  It's color week and we have some wonderful, rich colors for you to play with.  Now, normally I'm not a pink and purple kinda person, but as I was searching for inspiation on these colors I came across a mermaid with pink and purple hair.  AHA, I thought!  I could use my {Magical Mermaid} set for these colors.  I haven't owned this set for very long, but have enjoyed playing with it.  It's not a set I would have ever gotten for myself, but I was tasked with making a project for a special birthday and they requested mermaids. I will post that project soon.  I'm thrilled with the way it turned out!!!
Anyhoo, I think this mermaid turned out fabulous done in these colors.  I embossed the image with black embossing powder on watercolor paper and then layered the color on with my aquapainter and inks.  I love the intense color you can achieve with watercolor.
I used the sketch from Sunday Stamps Challenge #186 to help me complete my card.



I don't think you can have a magical mermaid and not have some sort of glitter or sparkle, so I mixed some white glue and water and splattered it on the background with my aquapainter.  I sprinkled it with Dazzling Diamonds glitter and voila! A sparkly background.  
I also added some Wink of Stella to the mermaid tail and hair.


Here's a list of my supplies....
Stamps: Magical Mermaid
Ink: Lovely Lipstick, Sahara Sand, Blackberry bliss
Paper: Lovely Lipstick, Sahara Sand, Blackberry Bliss, White, Watercolor
Accessories: Dazzling Diamonds, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Layering Circles Framelits, Ruffled TIEF


8 comments:

  1. Oh, Jenny, this is absolutely gorgeous! The colors are just perfect, and your layers set everything off beautifully - love it! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather! This was a fun one to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For not being your typical type of card, you really hit this out of the park. Absolutely love your artistic background. Thank you for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi! I really did enjoy creating this card in the end!

      Delete
  5. Jenny, this is beautiful! I love the color combo for your mermaid! That glittery background is amazing! So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps! XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Jenny! I have to stop by and tell you how beautiful your card is! Love everything about it and congrats on being a top pick! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete