Thursday, August 16, 2018

Beautiful Day Thinking of You ~ CCMC523, JUGS453, TGIFC172


Hello Stampers!  Today's card comes by way of the newest Create with Connie and Mary Color Challenge #523.  It's a nice mix of three new colors: Mango Melody, Pineapple Punch, and Shaded Spruce.  Last time I used Mango Melody I stated that I was not that excited about the color and then surprised myself how much I like it after the card was made.  I think I've found that this color has really grown on me.  It's not that attractive on it's own, but when combined with other colors it becomes so rich and vibrant!  I was kinda excited to use this color mix!
I decided to go with the Just Us Girls trend week challenge #453 and use the fast watercolor technique.  First you embossed your image, in my case the big flower from Beautiful Day, then you lay the color on the image straight from the pad, and then you spritz the whole thing with water and let the colors do their thing.  Really fairly easy.  I used Pineapple Punch and Mango Melody on my embossed image and then after the whole thing dried I added some Soft Suede to the middle of the flower.  I cut the leaf off the flower before laying the inks on and then replaced it after all the inks had dried.  I wanted to keep the green separate from the orange and yellow.
I also used the sketch from TGIF Challenges #172.  I followed the sketch pretty strictly.  If you look closely at the sketch you'll see a little flourish on the top panel.  I added a bit of embossing with my Lovely Floral TIEF to mimic that element.  
All in all I'm happy with the way this turned out!





Here's a list of my supplies.....
Stamps: Beautiful Day, Accented Blooms (sentiment)
Ink: Mango Melody, Pineapple Punch, Shaded Spruce, Versamark, Basic Black, Soft Suede
Paper: Shaded Spruce, Wood Textures DSP, Basic Black, Watercolor, Mango Melody, Pineapple Punch
Accessories: Black embossing powder, metallic sequins, Lovely Floral TIEF, Linen Thread, Tailored Tag punch (for cuts on the banner), decorative ribbon border punch

Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny

4 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous! I love the vibrant colors against the wood and black bakground!!! Thanks for joining TGIFC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is beautiful! I love the pop of yellow against the background! Thank you for joining us at TGIF Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! That bloom is stunning and I love the embossed and woodgrain backgrounds. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card! Love the colors you achieved on the flower! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete