Thursday, August 8, 2019

Grapefruit Friendship Rose ~ CCMC573, CTC240


Hello there stampers!  Today's card is for the new color challenge at Create with Connie and Mary.  This is such an interesting color trio and probably colors I would not put together if not for this challenge.  I ended up really, really liking them once my card was complete!  I'm also sharing my card on Casing the Catty 240.  I cased the card on page 61 on the right side of the page.  I'm actually loving this card so much and will probably make more in other colors.  It came together so quickly!
My card fits nicely into Watercooler Wednesday's Feminine Anything Goes challenge too!


No photo description available.


I started by stamping the roses on watercolor paper with Grapefruit Grove ink.  I added the leaves in Sahara Sand ink and then picked up Pretty Peacock ink with my aquapainter and painted in between the flowers.  I love to watercolor because it's so imperfect but looks so good!  I also added the centers of the flower in Pretty Peacock.
I added a bit of lace ribbon to the edge of the main panel after cutting it out with a stitched rectangle die, and then layered it on a panel of gold foil that was run through the big shot with the Subtle 3-D folder. The whole thing is on a Pretty Peacock card base.  I stamped the sentiment from Beautiful Friendship on some Very Vanilla cardstock, embossed it with gold EP and cut it out with a stitched shape circle die.  I looped some linen thread behind it and attached it with some dimensionals.


I stamped the inside with the bigger roses from Beautiful Friendship and added the leaves and centers to those as well.  


Stamps: Beautiful Friendship
Ink: Grapefruit Grove, Pretty Peacock, Sahara Sand, Versamark
Paper: Pretty Peacock, Very Vanilla, Watercolor, gold foil
Accessories: Linen thread, Stitched Shape die, Stitched Rectangle die, lace ribbon

Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny

1 comment: