Saturday, November 17, 2012

Dynamic Duos #29

Good Saturday morning everyone and welcome to another great challege from Dynamic Duos!  This weeks challenge uses Black and Marina Mist with a dessert option to add a snowman. 
 Believe it or not, I don't own any snowman stamps.  There have been many I've looked at at loved but never purchased!  I was surprised when I looked through my stash and didn't find one.  So, I used the very thing snowmen are made from....snowflakes!  How's that for a stretch!  I started out with the negative space snowflake from a previously cut piece of silver glimmer paper.  I hate to throw away any of that glimmer paper because you never know when your gonna need a scrap.  I think this worked well, after I mounted it on a black piece I cut with my spellbinders die.  I layered on another snowflake, from the retired Northern Frost decorative strip die, and then added the whole thing to a white scalloped square.  I used the Sweet Sunday Sketch #171 for my sketch inspiration. 
 
 
 
I grabbed a peice of retired To The Nines designer paper, and added a strip of black that I ran through my snowflake embossing folder, and voila'...I had my backround!  I love that DP.  I bought a bunch of it when it retired and have used it lots and lots! 
 The next thing I did was add the banner behind the main image panel.  I started off with just plain Marina Mist, then added a little piece of more silver glimmer.  I went back and forth trying to decide if I should keep the silver piece before finally calling myself crazy for even considering not adding it!  I love glitter...I can't believe I even doubted adding it!
 
 
Lastly, I added the tiny Merry tag and an antique faceted button strung with some silver cord.  I hope you like it!  Check out what the other designers have come up with....everyone is sooooo talented and they are sure to provide you with ample inspiration!

Here's a list of my supplies....
Stamps: Tiny Tags
Paper: Marina Mist, Black, White, Silver Glimmer, To The Nines DP
Ink: Marina Mist
Accessories: Snowflake EF, Tiny Tag punch, Snowflurry die, Northern Frost Decorative Strip die, Labels 3 spellbinders die, Scalloped Squares die, Antique faceted button, silver cord
 
 Thanks for taking a peek and have a glorious day!
Jenny 

 


4 comments:

  1. Christmas time is all about the glitter, great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card, Jenny. ;-) I love how you used these colors, and the negative snowflake is beautiful. Very pretty. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to use the negative space of the silver glimmer paper- looks great with the snowflake layered over the top!

    ReplyDelete