Sunday, November 25, 2012

Looks Like Christmas ~ FM86

 
Over at The Friday Mashup this week the challenge was to make a christmas project using non-christmas stamps and add a messy technique.
 
 I thought this challenge sounded like so much fun, so I began browsing my stamps to figure out what to use.  I came across my Reason To Smile set and figured the flower head could pass for a wreath.  I stamped it in Wild Wasabi, punched it out with my 1 3/4" circle punch and layered it on an oval cut Designer Frame.  I fussy cut three little flowers from that same set, after I stamped them in Real Red, then topped them off with rhinestone centers. 
 
 
For the messy technique part, I ran a piece of white through the Big Shot using my Holiday Frame EF and then cut it out in a big oval with my Creative Memories oval cutting system.  I dropped a bit of sparkle gel to a scrap paper, ran my brayer through it and rolled it right onto the embossed image.  I like the way it turned out!  I finished everything off with some Wild Wasabi photo corners with added bling and a sweet gingham ribbon.
 
 
Here's a list of my supplies....
Stamps: Reason To Smile
Paper: Real Red, White, Wild Wasabi
Ink: Real Red, Wild Wasabi
Accessories: Holiday Frame EF, Designer Frame EF, Circle & Oval punch, Oval Cutting System from Creative Memories, Rhinestones, Gingham ribbon, Photo Corner punch, Sparkle gel, Shimmer spray
 
Thanks for taking a peek and have a spectacular day!
Jenny
 

5 comments:

  1. You answered the challenge with a great card! I just love that embossed panel! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for a wreath... very clever! And I love your fussy cutting. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the wreath and the glitter you added to the embossed panel!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very elegant card! Love the embossed panel. Thanks for playing along with us at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete