Wednesday, May 27, 2015

A Little Birthday Cod! ~ CMCC73, PP246 & ATCAS64


Well, hellooooo!  It's time for another Colour Me challenge!  This week's challenge was just that for me....A CHALLENGE!  This was the second incarnation of my card.  I'm still not thrilled with it, but hey, you win some and you lose some.  That's the way the cookie crumbles!  
Anyway, our color combo this week is Blackberry Bliss, Rich Razzleberry, Lost Lagoon, and Pumpkin Pie.  It was a tuff one for me because some of you may know that I don't really do purple very well....and we had TWO purples to play with....and orange....and blue.  Uff.  
I also used the sketch from The Paper Players 246.
I'm also entering in Addicted to CAS: Animal.

I just purchased this old, old stamp set from 2005 called {Polar Pals} from a friend who was selling all her stuff.  I bought it because I really liked the little penguin....penguins are my favorite!
I also loved the sentiment "I thought I'd send you a little birthday cod!".  I got to thinking that maybe I could play around and make this set work with these colors.


I made the little ice berg the penguin is standing on into a shaker filled with iridescent glitter.  I like that part. 

So, I can't wait to see what all you stampers come up with!!!!  
As always, make sure you stop by and check out my fellow CM challenge designers!

Thanks for taking a peek!
Jenny


13 comments:

  1. love the fun idea of putting a bow around the fish as if it was the penguin's birthday present - adorable

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just darling, that penguin is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just darling, that penguin is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL...this cracks me up! A great way to use those challenging colors, but that stamp set is the cutest! I remember when that came out, it is def a keeper! Thanks for playing with the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable shaker card! Your penguin is SO cute...what a sweet card. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny I think your card is adorable! The sentiment is just as cute as the little penguin, and it's a shaker card to boot! So glad you shared it with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute card, Jenny! I love how you played with the color combo and your shaker element is fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love shaker's and it was a perfect way to showcase your fabulous penguin. Great take on the challenge. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jenny, this is so funny! I love what you did with this stamp set and the shaker part is fantastic! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jenny, this is so stinking adorable, I can’t stop smiling! I love the glittery detail and that sentiment couldn’t be MORE perfect. The bitty fish with the bitty ribbon…yeah, that was the most perfect detail ever. love it! Thank you so much for playing along with my sketch this week at The Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card with the sparkly shaker and that hilarious greeting. :) I am in very good company with the challenge of this colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable birthday penguin! Thanks for joining in at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The bow around the fish, come on! How cute is that??? :)

    ReplyDelete