Friday, May 29, 2015

Vintage Watermelon Pleasant Poppies ~ FM211


Hello stampers!  This is my last Friday as a guest designer at the Friday Mashup.  What a wonderful group to be a part of!  I am so privileged to have gotten the opportunity to play along with these ladies!  This weeks challenge calls for us to mashup watercoloring with this sketch....

There's soooooo much potential with this sketch!  Soooooo many directions you can go in!  
My direction is vintage, which is one of my favorite styles.  I just love anything done with this {Postcard} stamp and am sorry to see it retire.  I've also been wanting to use my {Pleasant Poppies} again before they go out as well.  


I watercolored the poppies with one of the new In Colors for 2015-17, Watermelon Wonder.  I added in some Cajun Craze and then some Early Espresso for the middle of the poppies.  I also watercolored the background with another new color, Tip Top Taupe.  The basecard is the taupe and the second layer is Watermelon Wonder.  They are very pretty together.  

Check out the rest of the gals' work over at The Friday Mashup!

Thanks for taking a peek!
Jenny


5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card!!! The Postcard stamp and Pleasant Poppies are perfect together!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, this is stunning! I absolutely love those poppies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Jenny! Those poppies look stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny, such an awesome team challenge card. I love the antique feel to it. Thanks for being a guest designer over at The Friday Mashup with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I don't usually do vintage, but I like this because it's still very clean. Glad to have you on the team this month!

    ReplyDelete