Wednesday, October 19, 2011

My First Time....

Wow.  I've done it.  I've created my own blog and I have no idea what I'm doing!  I love surfing other stampers blogs and finally decided to "take the plunge" and give it a go on my own!  So, bear with me people as I try to learn this process. 
Here we go.... my first card upload.
I made this card for the Color Inspiration Challenge #163 over at Stamping 411. http://stamping411.blogspot.com/2011/10/color-inspiration-challenge-163.html
  We were to use Calypso Coral, Baja Breeze and So Saffron.  For my card I used the Oh, So Lovely flower set, stamped it on watercolor paper in black Stazon ink, then watercolored it with Coral and Yellow ink with my blender pen.  I sponged around the edge of the card with Baja Breeze then added some extra color by stamping with the damask stamp from the Bliss set right over the poppy flowers.  I also used this stamp for the backround of the card.  Next, I ran the vanilla paper through my Big Shot in the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, then tore the edges and sponged it up with some Baja.  I layered it up with some torn So Saffron also.  Lastly, I mounted the main image on a rectangle of Calypso Coral, added the Baja seam binding ribbon, my sentiment (which is from Just Believe) and some half pearls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment