Saturday, October 20, 2012

Poppies in Orange ~ DD25

 
This card was totally inspired by Dynamic Duos #25 with the color combo of Pumpkin Pie and Black.  The desert option is die cuts, but I opted out of that one. 
 I was trying to go in a less Halloween-ish direction with these colors.  I chose to use the Pleasant Poppies stamp for the main image.  I absolutely love these poppies!  They are actually (and unexpectedly) really versitile.  I think you could color them any color and they would look fantastic!  I stamped them on vellum paper with versamark ink, embossed with black EP, and colored the images with marker on the back.  This is such an easy technique.  I layered the vellum on a peice of First Edition DP.  The tricky thing with vellum is attatching it without the glue/tape showing.  I used two little glue dots in each upper corner and then covered them with a pearl.
 
 
Here's a list of the supplies.....
Stamps: Pleasant Poppies
Paper: Black, Vellum, Howlstooth & Scaringbone DP, Polka Dot Parade DP, First Edition DP
Ink: Versamark, Pumpkin Pie, Black, Pear Pizzaz (flower stems)
Accessories: Brights button, Scallop dotted ribbon, Pearls, Vanilla string, Black EP.
 
Thanks for taking a peek and have a stupendous day!
Jenny
 
 
    


4 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, I like the technique you used...I have lots of vellum and always forget to use it...you have inspired me with this card...I also like the black and white strip you did in the middle of the card...makes it POP...very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your stamping and coloring on vellum is fabulous! A really beautiful card!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of the fun patterns you've paired up with your pretty poppies! And the script behind them looks great. Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card...I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/10/52-card-pickup-week-43.html

    ReplyDelete