Thursday, July 17, 2014

Puffed Blended Bloom ~ FMS145


I made this card for Freshly Made Sketches 145.
Don't you just LOVE Pinterest???!!!  I sure do!  Especially when it makes it so easy to find and share cards and new (or new to me) stamping techniques.  This card uses a puffed up technique that doesn't really have a name, I guess.  I found this fun little tutorial by Deb Valder on YouTube via Pinterest.  You outline your image with a stylus and then glue a little bit of cotton ball to the back of the image.  When you glue your image to your card you get a raised or puffed up effect.  It's something new and neat to try!  


I tried to taking some photos to showcase the technique, but I think it's hard to see.


This one might be a little better.
Here's a list of my supplies.....
Stamps: Blended Bloom
Paper: Bermuda Bay, Hello Honey, Bella Bloom & Fresh Prints DSP
Ink: Memento Black, Coastal Cabana & Daffodil Delight Blendabilites markers
Accessories: Sequin trim, Hello Honey and Coastal Cabana ribbon, Sweet Stitches Designer button, Bermuda Bay bakers twine, Windows framelits

Thanks for taking a peek!
Jenny


3 comments:

  1. You've colored that big bloom so beautifully. I've never heard of that technique but it sounds pretty cool. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color on that beautiful flower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flower is totally amazing Jenny - love the technique you've used to raise your flower. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete