Thursday, June 23, 2016

Rose Wonder Watercolor Wash ~ CCMC412


Hello fellow stampers and welcome to another Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!  This is color week and look at this beautiful color combination our leaders have come up with!  Isn't it gorgeous?!?
Well, believe it or not, my card uses only these three colors (plus gold which I consider a neutral!).  
I seem to be in a watercoloring mood these days and when you watercolor you can really manipulate and add or subtract the color you want.  
I started out by embossing the leaves from {Rose Wonder} in white embossing powder on shimmery white cardstock.  I swiped water across the whole thing and then washed on the Pool Party ink with my aquapainter.  I added some extra color to the leaves which is why they look darker.  While my background panel was drying, I white embossed the rose, also from {Rose Wonder}, on watercolor paper.  I used Blushing Bride and Watermelon Wonder ink to achieve the colors in the rose.  I fussy cut it out once it was completely dry.  After the background had dried I used several images from the {Timeless Textures} set, some stamped in gold ink and some in Pool Party.  I also sponged some extra Pool Party around the edges of the card.  
Next, I popped up the rose with demensionals, added some gold cord and gold thread, and a "For You" gold foil die cut that was laying on my desk....a discard from a previous project.  (You know how I love to used pieces on my desk!)
Lastly, I swiped some clear Wink of Stella on the rose and leaves to add extra shimmer.
The whole thing is layered on a base of Blushing Bride and Pool Party cardstock.




Make sure you hop over the the Create with Connie and Mary site and have a lookie at the other designers creations.....they do not disappoint!


Here's a list of my supplies.....
Stamps: Rose Wonder, Timeless Textures
Ink: Watermelon Wonder, Blushing Bride, Pool Party, Versamark, Gold
Paper: Pool Party, Blushing Bride, Shimmery White, Watercolor, Gold Foil
Accessories: Wink of Stella, Treat Bag Thinlits, Gold cord and thread

Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny



7 comments:

  1. One word...gorgeous!!! Beautiful watercoloring! Great job with the color challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO soft and pretty! You did a fabulous job of pulling together the rose with some textures to create a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny this is just so pretty! I love the way you added the background stamping behind your beautiful rose and the gold elements add a wonderful sparkle. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phew what a lovely class on water colouring ! Thus isa stunning card! Jenny X hugs Jan X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful. I love your soft and pretty water colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great mood to be in because you are fantastic at it! So soft and sweetly done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is so striking! Your attention to details is awesome - great watercoloring and great background!

    ReplyDelete