Thursday, March 22, 2018

CAS Rainbow Daisy ~ CCMC502, PP385


Hello stampers!  It's sketch week at Create with Connie and Mary and here's my design team card!
I also saw that The Paper Players was having a Clean and Simple Rainbow challenge and I thought that might be fun to join up with.  Anything rainbow seems to bring a smile to many faces!  It's just a happy, happy color combination!  
I had a ton of fun putting this card together. 

 The first thing I did was search around on Pinterest for rainbow inspiration and I came across this flower that I found interesting.
Rainbow Flower
I love daisies and this one is so bright and colorful!  I knew it would be fairly easy to re-create.  
I punched out three watercolor paper daisies with my daisy punch and layered them together.  I gave it a mist with my water spritzer and laid on the colors with my aqua painter and ink pads.  I used Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Wild Wasabi, Pacific Point, Marina Mist, Elegant Eggplant, and Rich Razzleberry.
I colored the center with Daffodil Delight and Crushed Curry and then made little cuts into the center of the circle to create a "fringe" effect like the center of the inspiration photo.  
I kept the rest of the card black and white, with the exception of the little strip of green glimmer paper.  
I also added some Wink of Stella to each petal and the center of the flower for added shine.    



I hope you'll take time to play with us at Create with Connie and Mary this week!
Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny

3 comments:

  1. That's a really great idea! The rainbow daisy looks really effective. I like the way the colours are all soft and misty - maybe subtle is the word I'm looking for. Very pretty effect, Jenny. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty rainbow daisy, and I love how you used the inspiration photo! Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Paper Players, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your rainbow daisy! Definitely an eye-catcher! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Players!

    ReplyDelete