Thursday, February 23, 2012

SSC243 & Color Throwdown 180

Uuuhhhggg!  The last couple of months have been VERY trying for me.  To top everything off, my computer is on it's last leg, I'm afraid.  I've got another one order from my computer gal, but she's on vacation and won't be back for a couple weeks to install everything for me.....so, for now, I'll stuggle with this stupid computer and it being SO SLOW just so I can post a card or two.  :)  And hey, maybe I should look on the bright side and see that at least I can still make a post!  (Even if it does take exta long).

Anyway...here's something that makes me smile!  A cheery little card that combines Saturday Sketch Challenge 243 over at Stamping 411 with Color Throwdown 180 (use Pumpkin Pie, Bashful Blue, So Safron, and Going Gray).  I used my brand new stamp set called Array of sunshine.  I can totally see so many possibilities with this set!
I stamped the main flower image three times, once in pumpkin pie, once in so saffron and once in bashful blue and fussy cut them all out.  I also stamped the leaf-looking stamp in gray and cut that out too.  I layered the flower together and curled up the edges to give it some dimention.  I also added a yellow rhinestone brad to the center of the flower.  I also got to play with my edglits die and embossing folder....that was fun!  Here are the other supplies used on this card.....
Stamps: Array of Sunshine
Paper: Pumpkine Pie DP (retired from last years SAB), Going Gray DP, So Saffron, Bashful Blue and White
Ink: Same as above
Accessories: Edglits die and EF, Gray bakers twine, Circle cutting system, Lattice EF, Rhinestone brad

3 comments:

  1. That's one of my favorite stamp sets. It looks great stamped in the three colors and layered together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty flower...you have used the Color Throwdown colors beautifully!! Thanks for joining us!!

    ReplyDelete