Sunday, May 27, 2012

Springtime Window - MOJO242

This card qualifies for Mojo Monday 242 sketch challenge.

This sweet little scene is going to be sent to my Aunt and Uncle who recently moved into their brand new house after their old one was flooded in record setting flood of 2011 in Minot, ND.  While they miss their old home, they are thrill with the beautiful new place they have.

 I wanted to keep the card light and fun for them.  I used a stamp set from Close To My Heart called "Flower Pot".  After embossing it with black embossing powder, I watercolored everything in and sponged some clouds inside the window view.  I fussy cut the flowers out and popped them up with dimentionals.  I added the embosslit butterflies, paper button (cut from the buttons #5 die), and a tiny tag to bring it all together. 
I hope my Aunt and Uncle enjoy this card as well as their new home!
Here's a list of supplies I used.....
Stamps: Flower Pot, Say It In Style, Polka Dot backround
Paper: Bashful Blue, Pretty In Pink, Wisteria Wonder, White
Ink: Versa Mark, Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue (sponging on clouds)
Accessories: Watercolor pencils, black EP, swirls EF, Buttons #5 sizzix die, Beautiful Wings embosslits, Wisteria ruffled ribbon, tag punch, white string, dotted scallop ribbon border 
Thanks for taking a peek!
Jenny


1 comment:

  1. So soft and pretty. Wish I could shade the colors like you did in the window box and shutters.

    ReplyDelete