Friday, January 18, 2013

Warm Heart ~ PP128 & RS46

This card combines challenges for The Paper Players and Retro Sketches.
The Paper Players had a really fun color combo that I knew I had to try when I saw it!  I'm cutting it down to the wire with both challenges, but I'm glad I got time to play!  Retro Sketches seemed very clean and simple this week, but leaves plenty of room for creativity!  
I have this cute little set from Close To My Heart called A Sip, and I thought it work nicely for these challenges. At one point in time, a really good friend of mine did her kitchen in cobalt blue and yellow.  We loved to have coffee together as often as possible at each others house.  For her birthday one year, I found this little print that had a coffee pot and cup in these very colors and it had the words "coffee, you and me" on it.  She loved it.  That was the image that I had conjured up in my mind when I made this card. I think I will give this card to her and I know she'll be reminded of that little print that I gave her years ago.  Although her kitchen colors have changed, she still keeps the little framed print sitting in her window sill.


 I have to say that I really love Pacific Point more that I thought I would.  I originally got a pack of the paper to do a little boy project and was surprised at how versatile this color can be.  I need to use it more, for sure!  I also love it when paired with Daffodil Delight.  I'm also in love with this Daffodil Delight polka dot paper.  It's the first time I've used it, but I've admired it on others projects for some time now.  I'm a sucker for anything polka dot when it comes to card making.  The gray paper is from a piece I purchased at Hobby Lobby way back when.  


Here's a list of my supplies.....
Stamps: A Sip (CTMH)
Paper: Pacific Point, White, Polka Dot Parade DP, Gray scrap from Hobby Lobby, Daffodil Delight
Ink: Basic Gray, Pacific Point
Accessories: Daffodil Delight 1/4" ribbon, Three Heart punch, Rhinestones, Big Designer button

Thanks for taking a peek and have a super day!
Call up a friend and say let's have coffee!  That's what I'm gonna do!!!
Jenny

3 comments:

  1. What a cute card! Love the polka dots and that swirly stamp! Great use of the challenge colors! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. jenny this is fab... love everything about it perfect balance of the colours

    So glad you joined us at the paper players
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute, Jenny! I love that itty bitty bow and the single spot of sparkle on the heart. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete