Thursday, November 6, 2014

Rustic Holiday Home ~ MMC133, The Challenge 18, FMS161


I'm combining three challenges with today's card.  They are:


I actually forgot that The Challenge comes with a built in sketch and I used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches.  Merry Monday's challenge was to make a rustic card using browns and creams.  I threw a little red in there for good measure and that incorporated The Challenge #18!  

For this card, I actually embossed the little snowflakes that go with White Christmas, but you can't see them in the photograph.  I used to have the perfect light in my kitchen for taking pictures of my card, but we are remodeling and my light went away.  I'm trying to experiment with different lights in different spaces.  Nothing is working as good as my old one, which I'm bummed about.  I will figure something out eventually, I guess!
I also used my Signo gel pen to add some snow to the trees and house.  I love this cute little scene!  Holiday Home and White Christmas compliment each other nicely and are fun to use together.  


The little snowflake in the corner is a Momenta cut & emboss die that is from Hobby Lobby.

Here's a list of supplies I used.....
Stamps: White Christmas, Holiday Home, Hardwood
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Daffodil Delight & Crumb Cake Blendabilities.
Paper: Baked Brown Sugar, Very Vanilla, Real Red
Accessories: Homemade Holiday Framelits, Woven satin ribbon, naturals buttons, gel pen, linen thread, dimensionals, Momenta cut & emboss die.

11 comments:

  1. Sweet holiday scene! Love the snow trimmed house! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great combo of the challenges, Jenny! Love that holiday scene you created...looks cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your rustic scene! The heart on the house and the snowy edges are so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have created the coziest, prettiest scene! I love your details -- from the snow on the roof to the cardinal in the tree. Fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful sweet home in the snow! Love the heart, such a great scene! Thanks for joining us at The Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally love this. So cozy and feel-good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet winter scene! Love the woodgrain background. Thanks for playing The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your card! I also want to have an image or an scene as a focal point of my card, I usually have struggle with how I make it to be part of the card. I think your design is perfect! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Christmas card. I love how you've created the snow on the house and trees - such a pretty scene. Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday and Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jenny,
    What a beautiful scene you've created with this house and White Christmas set! Thanks for playing along with this week's Merry Monday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete