Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Beach Window ~ HSS220


Hey all!  Today marks my second post as a Hand Stamped Sentiments designer!  Challenge #220 is a cool color comb.  
I always think sunset and water when I see these colors together, so that's the direction I went!  
I searched Pinterest for some beach wood images and came across a picture with different colored, weathered planks, so that's what I tried to re-create here with the background.  After looking at it a little closer, I wish I'd have added at least one more pool party plank to even it out a bit, but oh well!


The Hearth and Home die has endless possibilities.  You could put just about any scene behind it that you want!  I've seen some great samples floating around out there in blogland!  
For embellishments I took a few strands from the burlap ribbon and tied them together in a knot.  The Starfish are from my {Sea Street} set and the "happy birthday" senitment is from {Cottage Greetings}.  It's probably my new favorite birthday stamp....I just love the font.

Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny


5 comments:

  1. Wonderful waterscape. I like how you added color to the wooden planks - it really adds a special touch. I will have to try and CASE your card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I LOVE how you've used the Hearth & Home die, Jenny; this is brilliant! Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to create a beach scene using the window frame! This a perfect card to end the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ADORE this beautiful card! The sea scene is so soothing in this color combo. And I love the woodgrain background...perfection! So glad you're with HSS! ~Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great! Love how you used the window frame to create a scene with the colors.

    ReplyDelete