Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Fresh Jar of Love ~ HSS263, SS441


Hello stampers and welcome to my blog featuring the newest challenge from Hand Stamped Sentiments!  We have a picture inspiration for you to play along with this time and oh, isn't it refreshing and cool looking!  It makes me want summer to get here quick!  
I was inspired by the colors in the photos and used my new set {Jar of Love}.  I know, I know, I'm really late to the party with this set!  I noticed it was not retiring so I figured I should finally own it, along with the matching framelits.  It was so fun to play with and I had a great time creating this card.
I usually like to find a sketch or another source of inspiration when creating, so I used Sketch Saturday's challenge #441 which was a sketch archive challenge.  You can browse through any of their archived sketches and pick the one that suits you!  I chose a sketch from October 2014 #330.

This card also features two important colors.  One brand new in-color and one out going in-color.
The outgoing is Watermelon Wonder, which I used to stamp the dark accent on the large flower.  I'll miss this color as it works as the perfect dark accent to Flirty Flamingo.  The second is the brand new Lemon Lime Twist.  I wasn't sure about this color when I first saw it but oh my, is it ever fun!  It's nice and bright and fresh!
I've used a strip of Lemon Lime Twist DSP from the new Eastern Palace specialty paper pack.  It pairs perfectly with these bright, summery colors of Flirty Flamingo and Tempting Turquoise. 


I hope you'll play along with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments and remember, this challenge runs for two weeks!


2 comments:

  1. Perfect summer colors inspired by our inspiration challenge! I love all the details from the stitching to the embossing. Thanks for sharing your creativity on Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card. Love how you got the peachy color in by adding a layer.

    ReplyDelete