Thursday, June 22, 2017

Weathered Hardwood Sea Birds ~ CCMC463, PP349


Hello fellow stampers!  Create with Connie and Mary is back with another case the catalog challenge!  I've had a bunch of fun with these challenges.  I used the layout as inspiration for my card this week.  I'm also entering it into The Paper Players feathered friends challenge.  I know my card isn't real clean and simple, but I like it that way!  
I started out with this piece of yellow dsp from the color theory stack.  This was a left over piece from a project I did a couple weeks ago.  I stamped it with my Hardwood stamp in crumb cake ink.  I like the look of weathered wood it gives.  I also stamped the seagulls directly onto the dsp in early espresso stamped off one time.  The little chunk of blue paper is also from Color Theory.  I stamped the main beach scene with various stamps from the set {High Tide}.  I added a little strip of Early Espresso punched with new Ticket Tear border punch.  
Lastly, I stamped the Early Espresso background piece with the wave stamp from {High Tide}.  I like the extra "texture" it adds.



I hope you'll join us in this week's challenge.  Just upload your project to the Create with Connie and Mary facebook page!
Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny



1 comment:

  1. I love these little shore birds, and the scene you created is perfect! That woodgrain background is perfect too! Thanks for playing with our challenge this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete