Thursday, July 27, 2017

Dimensional Tulips ~ CCMC468, GDP97


Hello everyone! Create with Connie and Mary sketch time again!  I also used the colors from Global Design Project #97 to help me out with my card this week. 

I decided to go with the hostess stamp set {Tranquil Tulips}.  I haven't really played around with this set much, but I have seen a few cards that I admired that have used it.  One (and I can't remember whose it was) stacked the head of the tulip up to give it dimension and I really like that, so I cased that idea.  I stamped the tulip once on my stitched square, then twice more on some scrap paper, then fussy cut the different pieces out.  I slightly bent the top edge out to add a bit more dimension.  The first layer is adhered right on top of the image with snail.  The top is popped up on a dimensional.
I also stamped a couple of the leaves on scrap and cut them out as well.  I like the way this looks!  


Here's a list of my supplies....
Stamps: Tranquil Tulips, Birthday Blooms
Ink: Berry Burst, Crumb Cake, Wild Wasabi
Paper: White, Crumb Cake, Wild Wasabi
Accessories: Stitched framelits, Berry Burst ribbon, White Perfect Accents

Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny





3 comments:

  1. Jenny - this is absolutely beautiful. So creative and I love how the flowers pop off the card! I made tulip cards last night, but I think I need to make some more with this brilliant idea!

    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny! WOW, this is STUNNING! Love how you have used the stitched squares to raise the flowers and literally make them pop! An awesome card. Thanks so much for playing along to the Global Design Project. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful card. fussy cutting the petals and leaves gives the card a little extra beauty.

    I have made several different designs and love the beauty of this stamp set.

    ReplyDelete