Thursday, October 18, 2018

Simple Joys Pink and Gray ~ CCMC532, CFC210


Hi there stampers!  Todays card comes by way of Create with Connie and Mary's freshest sketch challenge.  I also used the color combo from CAS-ual Fridays #210.
This card also combines several stamps and stamp sets.  When I first looked at the sketch I could think of nothing else but a shaker card, so that was my jumping off point.  I used a card base of Smokey Slate and stamped the birch bark stamp from Winter Woods inked in Basic Gray.  I thought this made a nice background.  The Buffalo Check is so outdoorsy too, that I knew I needed to feature it as well.  I stamped it in Basic Gray ink onto Blushing Bride cardstock and then die cut the circle for the shaker window.  After the sentiment from Christmas Pines was stamped through the die-cut window onto the Whisper White, I embossed the top and bottom of the panel with the Softly Falling EF.  .  




I embellished the front of the card with one of deer from Dashing Deer Thinlits, a couple snowflakes cut from the Blizzard Thinlit, a couple of trees from the Card Front Builder framelits, and sentiment banner from Peaceful Noel.  I topped each snowflake with a clear faceted gem.  All the embellishments on the card front (except for the sentiment banner) were spritzed with Frost White Shimmer.  


The inside of the card was decorated with the two deer from Dashing Deer and a couple more die-cut snowflakes.
Here's a list of my supplies....
Stamps: Winter Woods, Dashing Deer, Peaceful Noel, Christmas Pines, Buffalo Check
Ink: Basic Gray, Blushing Bride
Paper: Smokey Slate, Blushing Bride, Whisper White
Accessories: Card front Builder Framelits, Dashing Deer Framelits, Blizzard Thinlit, Softly Falling EF, Clear Faceted Gems

I hope to see you playing along with this cool sketch challenge at CCMC this week!
Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny


1 comment:

  1. Wow! Love the layers and the lovely shades of pinks and greys. Thank you for playing with us at CAS-ual fridays. Hugs ~ Ishani

    ReplyDelete