Monday, March 4, 2013

Colorful Sorrow ~ CTD231


Well, this is an unconventional sympathy card, but oh well!  I wanted to play along with Color Throwdown because it's been so long since I participated in a challenge over there.  
I've needed so many lately and this one will go to the family of an older woman who lived a long, happy life, so I think it will be appropriate.  
I used bleach to stamp on the crumb cake background, but it's hard to see in the photo.  As usual it looks much better in real life.  Bleaching on Crumb Cake brings out a So Saffron color, so I thought that would be perfect.  
I've also decided that the shabby chic-ish look is one of my favorites to create.  I love the torn edges, sponging and crumpled paper.  


Here's a list of all my supplies....
Stamps: Thoughts and Prayers
Paper: Melon Mambo, Crumb Cake, Vanilla, So Saffron, Print Poetry DP
Ink: Pear Pizzaz, Crumb Cake, bleach
Accessories: Designer Frame EF, Oval & Scalloped Oval punches, Floral Fusion die, Designer Builder Brad, So Saffron brad, Natural Trim, Melon Mambo Grosgrain ribbon

Thanks for taking a peek! 
Jenny

1 comment: