Thursday, August 25, 2016

Tropical Flamingo ~ CCMC421, FF94


Hello everyone!  It's time for another Create with Connie and Mary challenge!  This week is sketch week....
I also used a color combination from Fab Friday #94.  We could use any combination of the colors.  I chose Peekaboo Peach, Flirty Flamingo and Emerald Envy.

I went with a tropical theme and used the Botanical Builder Framelits.  I also stamped a flamingo from a retired set called {Flamingo Lingo}. There is a flamingo image in the current catalog with a stamp set called {Pop of Paradise}.  I don't own that one, so I used my old one.
I sponged Peekaboo Peach onto the punched circles and also sponged it onto the Irresistibly Floral specialty DSP.  It kinda reminded me of a pineapple, which keeps with the tropical theme.  
I added a bit of sparkle with the rhinestones and horizontal strip.  


I hope you'll join us this week!  Make sure you visit the CCMC home page and check out all the wonderful cards from the design team!
Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny



7 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous tropical arrangement! I love this - that strip of silver glimmer is a perfect focus line, too! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now all I need is an umbrella in my drink! Love your tropical take on this week's sketch challenge! Wonderful way to use the leaves instead of the splatters....high five for thinking outside the box!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, this card reminds me of our vacation in Hawaii! LOVE it! I like how you encompassed the entire card with the sketch idea, instead of just the bottom corner! Great job with the sketch challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the tropical theme of your card...very bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your tropical card this week Jenny - I like the flamingo stamped on the circle and the texture and detail added by the flower and leaves. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty! The colors are just so tropical! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a BRILLIANT idea to pair the flamingo with these GORGEOUS flowers!! You ROCKED this one!! :)

    ReplyDelete