Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Harvest Celebration ~ HSS370, JUGS596, CTC330


Hello stampers!  Today's card is for Hand Stamped Sentiments August photo inspiration challenge.  I was inspired by the sunflower photo, as well at the word Harvest from Just Us Girls.  I also used the Casing the Catty Sale-A-Bration case challenge.  I cased the card on the right side of the photo.  
So, normally if I make a card I don't really like I let it sit overnight and come back for a second look.  Nine times out of ten I will tend to look at the card in a different light and it grows on me.  Not this one.  This one would be the one time the card didn't grow on my overnight.  I think if I took the Pumpkin Pie sprigs out it might be better.  It's just not my favorite.  It's a fine card but not my best work.  Do you ever find it disappointing when you have an idea in your head and it just doesn't' come together like you'd planned?




Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny


 

2 comments:

  1. Jenny... I so know what you are talking about; I just made a sunflower card for the TicTacToe Challenge. (Try submitting this card over there...it fits). My first attempt just didn't gel on me overnight... and I made another that was more me. HOWEVER, that being said, there are some great elements in this card! I love the glitter paper overlay on the sunflower... a great touch. Also the black buffalo check background is very smart! The card may not be "you" but it does work. THANK YOU for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many is the time my idea and the making of a card don't jibe, Jenny. Your elements are all fabulous with a little sparkle and lots of texture. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete