Thursday, August 5, 2021

Mountain Air Thanks ~ CCMC676



Hello stampers!!!  Today's card is for Create with Connie and Mary's new color challenge.  We are using Petal Pink, Night of Navy, and Soft Succulent.  


I'm having a great time playing with the Mountain Air stamp set.  I really love to use softer, more feminine colors.  I love pinks and blues together for this set, too!
For the blue mountains I cut a mountain range out of vellum and colored it with my light and dark night of navy blends and then spritzed it with a bit of rubbing alcohol to blend the colors together.  I did this technique a couple times to get the darker color I wanted.  The Petal Pink mountain range was cut from Pearlescent specialty paper and then colored with Petal Pink blends.  I stamped the tree range in Soft Succulent ink on the same cardstock.  I found a small trick here:  normally I stamp on my cardstock first and then die cut.  With this stamp I found that it was easier to stamp AFTER die cutting.  
I cut two trees--one from vellum and one from Pearlescent.  I used the same blends technique only using my Soft Succulent markers. 
I cut the frame out of Rectangle Stitched dies in Night of Navy and Vellum.  The background is Petal Pink and I used blending brushes to sponge a little Petal Pink ink behind the mountains.
I finished the card off with some Pale Papaya open weave ribbon and a few Blue Gems.  
The sentiment is from Celebrate Sunflowers.  I stamped it on some Pearlescent specialty paper with Stazon ink.


Here's a list of my supplies....
Stamps: Mountain Air, Celebrate Sunflowers
Ink: Stazon, Soft Succulent.  Night of Navy, Petal Pink, and Soft Succulent Blends
Paper: Night of Navy, Soft Succulent, Petal Pink, Vellum, Pearlescent specialty
Accessories: Majestic Mountains dies, Rectangle Stitched dies, blue gems, Pale Papaya ribbon

Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny







 

1 comment: