Thursday, December 17, 2015

Dapper Penguin ~ CCMC386


Hey my stamping friends!  Another Create with Connie and Mary color challenge is upon us!  The week we're using the elegant combination of black, white and gold. 


I went with this happy, dapper little penguin this week.  Isn't he cute and festive!  
First I used the penguin die cut to cut out the penguin shape from black glimmer paper.  Next I stamped the penguin image on this delicate gold "net" Winter Wonderland DSP.  I fussy cut the face and tummy part.  I also stamped the face one more time on gold foil paper, cut out the beak and paper pieced it on.


No dapper penguin would be complete without his top hat and bow tie!  I cut each of those from gold foil paper as well.....also the "jolly" sentiment.  
I cut the holly from gold glimmer paper using the Snow Friends framelits.  I added a few rhinestones and boy, doesn't that look awesome!  It was the perfect accessory to the black 1/4" ribbon hatband.  I also added a little rhinestone to the center of the bow tie bringing things all together.  


I put a bit of dazzling details along the edge of my snow panel to add just a bit more sparkle.  The black card base is stamped with the star and dot stamp from {Holly Jolly Greetings} in gold ink.  
The "have a" and "holiday" are also from {Holly Jolly Greetings}.
The whole penguin scene is perched upon two layered banners of Winter Wonderland DSP.

I hope you'll find time to play along with our awesome challenge this week!  

Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny




7 comments:

  1. Omg--a penguin too?! This makes me so happy!! :) Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hat. I love what you did with the hat! Your entire card is jaw dropping amazing - the wonderful details that you put into it really makes this a wow. Merry Christmas, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your elegant penguin! So many wonderful details on here! Great job with the color challenge this week! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH my goodness...look at that cute little fella! Love how you dolled him up for an evening out with all his gold accents!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This guy is so fabulous! Love the attention to detail on your card, and especially the penguin! He would be good for New Year's too! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is SO CUTE!!!! The vellum on the front is genius. :)
    Belated Seasons Greetings and Happy New Year to you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG Jenny - this little guy is super cute and definitely wins the award for the best-dressed penguin this season, he is adorable!! So much attention to detail on this card yet so worth it!

    ReplyDelete