Thursday, December 10, 2015

Snipped Poinsettia ~ CCMC385


Another Create with Connie and Mary challenge is upon us....and it's sketch week!  What a lovely sketch it is, too, don't you think?  
I decided to follow the trend of cutting images out of the Home For Christmas designer paper pack.  Most people have opted for the cute Santa or the adorable reindeer.   I decided to go with the elegant poinsettia.   Poinsettias remind me of my mother.  She loves to have one displayed in her house every Christmas.  She manages to keep it all year long and then usually lets it die before the Christmas season so she can get a new one!   Funny, right!  I love that that has become her tradition.  This year I bought her a gigantic plant...probably the biggest one she's ever had and it's beautiful!!!  The deep red petals look like velvet!


The poinsettia has brownish toned veins so I paired it with an Early Espresso oval.  
No Christmas card is complete without a little glitter and shine if you ask me, so chose the gold foil vellum background and accented with the gold glimmer paper and some shiny gold ribbon.  I also punched some gold 1/8" circles and glued them in a cluster in the center of the flower.
The sentiment is from "Reason for the Season" and says it all! 


Here's a list of my supplies....
Stamps: Reason for the Season
Ink: Versamark
Paper: Home for Christmas DSP, Real Red, Early Espresso, Gold Glimmer, Gold Foil Vellum, Very Vanilla, Gold Foil
Accessories: Circle die, Oval die, 1/4" gold ribbon, dimensional, Elegant Dots EF 

Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny

5 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card! The textures are lovely and the gold with the red and green is really elegant. I love everything about your card, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card with its elegant gold touches and textures! I enjoyed hearing about your mom and keeping poinsettias, too - we used to keep them, and we would even try to control their light and dark cycle so they would turn red again for the holidays. They are fussy things - it never worked that well, and I think buying a new one is a better idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Love all the gold...makes it so elegant. I thought you stamped that poinsettia until I read your post...you fussy cut that from DSP? Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely Jenny - both the card and the story about your mum! What a clever idea to fussy cut the poinsettia - I hadn't considered that. Looks great against the darl oval and I love all the other elements that add texture too. A fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous...I've been hoarding all that beautiful DSP...but love how you cut out the poinsettia! Wish I could have them at home, but my cat likes to eat them!

    ReplyDelete