Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Joy to the World Window Step Card ~ HSS227


Hello Stampers!  It's getting closer and closer to Christmas and I'm still not sick of making Christmas cards yet!  I've been having a blast making new Christmas creations!
Today's card is for the newest Hand Stamped Sentiment challenge, which is a sketch designed by me!
  When I submitted my sketch idea to the challenge site, I had the Hearth and Home window framelit in mind. 
 Since that time I saw this video by Dawn Griffith on these great step panel cards.  Check out the tutorial...they are so fun and she gives great directions! 
With the vellum scene behind the window a little battery operated tea-light candle fit perfectly in the popped out spaced creating a glowing scene when the lights are turned down.

Here's a photo of the card when the lights are down....you can see the candle glowing behind the window.
 

The one thing about this card is when it gets folded down flat it's larger than a regular sized card, so you have to make a custom envelope for it.  With the envelope punch board from Stampin' Up that's no problem!  

I hope you find time to join us at Hand Stamped Sentiments and play along with my sketch!  Remember, you have two weeks to play!

Here's a list of my supplies......
Stamps: Happy Scenes, Joy To The World, Endless Wishes
Ink: Stazon Black, red and blue alcohol ink markers
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Black, Vellum
Accessories: Hearth and Home die, Frosted Sequins, Silver cord, Dazzling Details

Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny


No comments:

Post a Comment