Tuesday, May 31, 2016

HSS 239 Inspiration Challenge


Hello stampers!  It's time for another Hand Stamped Sentiments Challenge!  This time we've got an awesome inspiration challenge chosen by Linda.  Isn't it wonderful...so fresh!  There are tons of directions to go here!  I had several ideas but couldn't nail down which way to go.  I finally settled on using my new-to-me set, {Remarkable You} again.  I chose to use the colors from the inspiration photos (plus black) to watercolor this beauty of a flower.  I used Daffodil Delight, Peekaboo Peach, Flirty Flamingo, and Pear Pizzazz, along with my aquapainter.  
I love inspiration challenges....it kinda leaves things wide open for interpretation!  
I also used this fun sketch from The Challenge #75.


I tried a variety of different backgrounds but finally ended up just embossing the leaf design on a piece of Very Vanilla with clear embossing powder.  I like the way it turned out.  My original idea was to emboss and then run my brayer over it using Flirty Flamingo ink, but I decided I liked it plain better.  I think it's more elegant.  
I also used a couple pieced of DSP....the green gingham from Farmers Market and the black and cream is from the fun new stack called Playful Palette.  



Everything is layered on a base of Peekaboo Peach.  I must say that the new In-colors from the new catalog are yummy!  They remind me of my last favorite set that included Strawberry Slush, Pistachio Pudding, Crisp Cantaloupe and  Baked Brown Sugar.  I used those colors a TON!  I can see these new ones will be well loved as well!

I hope you can carve out some crafting time and join us in this fun challenge!

Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny


1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful card, Jenny! LOVE the mix of polka dot and gingham prints, and that floral image is delish! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete