Thursday, May 5, 2016

Picture Perfect Shabby Chic ~ CCMC405


Hey stampers!  It's Thursday....and what does that mean?  Create with Connie and Mary, of course! This week is sketch week.  What do you think of it?  I happen to LOVE this sketch!  I had so much fun creating this card....in fact, this might be my favorite card to date.  At least in my top 5 faves anyway!
I made it with two stamps sets that I finally got around to ordering.  (I do have to admit that getting the sneak peek of the new catalog helped me out a bit!)  {Timeless Textures}, which I used to create the weathered wood look background and {Picture Perfect}.  The wood background was inspired by Dena Rekow, who made this fun video showcasing the weathered wood technique. Dena is so fun and talented and I love watching her videos!


I simply adore the shabby chic look of this card!  It will be perfect for mother's day!
So, aren't these colors just fabulous together!  I can see why they call this set {Picture Perfect}.  That rose looks so realistic!  


Here's a list of my supplies.....
Stamps: Timeless Textures, Picture Perfect
Ink: Blushing Bride, Melon Mambo, Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive, Versamark, Smokey Slate, Sahara Sand
Paper: Pool Party, White, Blushing Bride, gold glimmer
Accessories: Chalk Talk framelits, paper doily, burlap ribbon, white embossing powder, honeycomb embossing folder

Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!  
Jenny 



6 comments:

  1. I love this card Jenny! A perfectly stamped rose and the weathered wood background is so effective. Love the frayed gold ribbon and doily too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very soft and pretty! Love the doily, the ribbon, the beautiful rose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh...definitely have to try this - your weathered wood looks awesome! Great flower, sentiment, fringe, everything!! Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The weathered wood background is perfect for those photo-realistic flower stamps. I love the look you've achieved with this card! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite part is the scrunched up doily. It adds just the right feminine touch to this wonderful card! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! You are making me want that stamp set...now that it is in the new catalog, I may splurge! Love all your details of the doily, glimmer paper and touch of rustic with the wood and burlap! Great job with the sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete