Thursday, May 26, 2016

Playful Lilies ~ CCMC408


Well, well, well....here we are!  Another Create with Connie and Mary has rolled around and it's color challenge week!  I love a good color challenge and this one is so pretty!  These colors are soft and beautiful and were screaming out to me to be made into flowers!  LOL! 
Believe it or not, this is a brand-new-to-me set.  I've hemmed and hawed around and admired many a card made with this {Remarkable You} set.  Finally, after seeing it was going to be around for at least another year (in the new catalog) I made the leap and ordered it.  Boy, am I glad I did!  It can go casual or more formal as well!  
I watercolored the pair of Cala Lilies with my aquapainter and Blushing Bride ink.  I painted the stamen So Saffron.  The leaves were colored with Mint Macaron.  I fussy cut everything out and mounted it on a So Saffron Tag.  The whole thing is layered on a base of BRAND NEW designer paper from a stack called Playful Palette.  I just love this cool crosshatch/plaid black and cream pattern.   

I also added a layer of Wink of Stella to each flower and the leaves.  It adds such an elegant sparkle.  
Lastly I added a healthy sprinkling of black sequins and rhinestones.  I figured on giving this away as a wedding card, so the more sparkle the better! :)
The "Congrats" sentiment is from {Cottage Greetings}.


The whole thing is tied together with some Blushing Bride cotton ribbon.


I stamped the lillies again on the inside of the card and also the greeting "Wishing You Ridiculous Amounts of Happiness" from {Cottage Greetings}.

Here's a list of my supplies.....
Stamps: Remarkable You, Cottage Greetings
Ink: Stazon Black, Blushing Bride, So Saffron, Mint Macaron
Paper: watercolor, Blushing Bride, So Saffron, Black, Vanilla, Playful Palette DSP
Accessories: Metallic Sequins, Blushing Bride cotton ribbon, Rhinestones, Wink of Stella clear

Make sure to check out the other designers fab work at the CCMC site.  
Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!

Jenny


5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love this card! This is one of my favorite stamp sets and I think your card is one of my favorite cards I have seen using it. I love the DSP you used, it is just perfect with the softness of your flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny this card is FAB-U-LOUS!! I too purchased this set recently and have yet to ink it up and would have to agree with Sharon, this is one of the best cards I have seen made with it, without a doubt. Your fussy-cut lilies are beautiful and I love the layering and that new DSP. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful layout and background paper for your gorgeous fussy-cut lilies and leaves! This is a real "Wow" card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! The black DSP is the perfect backdrop to make your fussy-cut images stand out! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card Jenny! I love how you've teamed the colours up with a striking background. Those lilies really stand out against it. I think you're going to love this set - it's one of my favourite! :-)

    ReplyDelete