Thursday, March 17, 2016

Flower-full Teapot ~ CCMC398 & Inkspire Me 240


Hi stampers!  Thursday is upon us yet again and that means it's time for a Create with Connie and Mary color challenge!  
To help me create my card this week, I also took inspiration from the sketch at In{k}spire Me #240.


The sketch is square, so my card base measures 5" x 5".  I also made an envelope to go with it and lined it with some cute, flowered Watermelon Wonder DSP.
More of my inspiration came from a picture I had seen on Pinterest of flowers potted in a watering can.  I got to thinking I could mimic it, only use the cute teapot from Cups and Kettles framelits.
I heat embossed a sentiment from {Party Pants} in white directly onto the tea kettle. 
I needed a smaller flower to fit the size of the teapot, so I used the{Petite Petals} stamp set and punch.  The leaves are from the Owl Builder punch and the center of the flower come from the retired Itty Bitty Punch Pack.  


I again got some great use out of my new favorite DSP, Farmers Market.  Isn't that weathered wood paper just cool!?!  I LOVE it!
The ribbon is a bit of Watermelon Wonder stitched satin ribbon that I cut in half length-wise.  It is too wide otherwise.  
I added a some stamping to the Soft Suede cardbase using the feather-looking stamp from {Botanical Blooms}.


Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny



4 comments:

  1. This is so CUTE! I love the idea of flowers in a teapot! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of flowers in a teapot too - so clever! I love the paper you used for your tea pot too - it makes it look like one of those old fashioned metal ones, looks great with the wood background and allows those bright flowers to pop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the framelits, but not the stamp set for the teapot/cups. I love seeing ideas for the dies! My mother used to always plant little blue flowers in her teapot on the deck...funny how I never thought of doing that! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet the teapot is as a flowerpot! This is a must-CASE for me!

    ReplyDelete