Thursday, March 3, 2016

No-Line Blended Bloom ~ CCMC396 & TSOT260


Hey everyone!  It's Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge time again!  We've got an elegant color trio for you to try.  Cajun Craze, Hello Honey, and Basic Black.  This combo is the perfect time to use some of the subtle prints from Botanical Gardens DSP.  They play perfectly together!  
I also used the sketch from Try Stampin on Tuesday 260.


I love to try new techniques and for this challenge my starting off point was this no-line watercolored {Blended Bloom}.  No-line watercoloring is super simple.  All you do is stamp the image in a light color (I used Sahara Sand) and watercolor as usual.  The lines in the stamp seem to disappear into the watercolor ink.  I really love this look.  I used watercolor paper, my aqua painter pen, and the ink smooshed into the lid of my stamp pads.  I tried to use some black, Stampin' Up's black ink is archival, to it didn't work at all to watercolor with.  I ended up taking some ink off my black marker to color in the leaves, which are from {Birthday Blossoms}.  The sentiment is from that same set too. The leaves ended up coming out kind of gray, so I added a thin Smokey Slate border to the black and Hello Honey DSP.  
The center of the flower didn't come out exactly how I'd wanted it too, but for my first time trying this technique I didn't think it was too bad.  I'm definitely gonna try it again!  
After I was completely done with my flower, I cut it out, bent the edges up to give it some extra dimension and popped it up on dimensionals. 


Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny


8 comments:

  1. Love your card and the Blended Bloom water coloring is fabulous! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny, of wow this is really stunning! That large flower is eye catching. And I'll admit, when I saw the color challenge myself at CCMC this week, I was doubtful! But, you totally rocked it and combined with our sketch, what a beauty! Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin on Tuesday this week! xo Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - So beautiful!!!!! I am loving what you did with the Blended Bloom stamp. I’ve done this technique before but only with the retired blendabilities. I will have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blossom is so pretty! The watercoloring is awesome! I will have to give this technique a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your shading is so fabulous - I thought the flower was made up of layers! What a great look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a gorgeous card! Love that beautiful flower, and great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous flower and card. Thanks for joining the challenge at Try Stampin on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful, Jenny! I love trying my hand at watercoloring, so I'll have to try no-line watercoloring sometime. Thanks for sharing with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.
    Sara H.

    ReplyDelete