Thursday, March 10, 2016

Hello Chickie! ~ CCMC397

Hello stampers and happy Thursday!  It's Create with Connie and Mary time again!  We've got a cool sketch for you this week.


I finally got my hands on some Farmers Market DSP and all I can say to myself is....what took you so long to order this!!!!  
Image result for farmers market stampin up
I'm in love with the rustic colors and patterns on this paper.  The veggie and fruit sides, not so much, but you never know when something like that will come in handy.  
For my card this week I want to use the Farmers Market DSP for sure.  Next was deciding on my focal point.  I'd seen this cute little chick from {Honeycomb Happiness} colored up in shades of songbirds, so that's the direction I went.  I used a Cedar Waxwing (one of my favorite birds that migrates thru our area every fall and spring) as my inspiration.  I know that a Cedar Waxwing has a black mask around it's eyes, but I wanted to keep this guy simple.  I just used the colors.
I stamped the chick in Stazon ink on Shimmery White cardstock, then I watercolored with my aquapen and stamp pads.  I used Calypso Coral, So Saffron and Tip Top Taupe ink.
I love the way he came out.  I'm such a fan of fat little birds.
For the sentiment, I thought the flourish at the end of the HELLO from the Greetings Thinlits made a nice little perch for my fat little bird.
I chose not to add any other greeting below the hello, as the sketch shows.  I looked and looked and couldn't come up with something suitable to put underneath.  I settled for a string of gold bakers twine.  I like the simplicity of it.


I hope you'll find time to play along with us using this fabulous sketch!
Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny


4 comments:

  1. So sweet...my original thought was to use this cute chick, too! Love the Farmer's Market DSP with her! Great job with the sketch challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny your little chick is just adorable and looks fabulous with your Farmer's Market DSP. I love that you used him on a non-Easter card. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! That DSP is neglected at my house! You have inspired me to use it! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the colors on your Cedar Waxwing before I even knew that you were copying a real bird :) That chick easily looks like a cute little songbird, too, and I love how you have him perched on the greeting!

    ReplyDelete