Thursday, March 24, 2016

Sunny Day My Friend ~ CCMC399


It's Thursday guys!  Create with Connie and Mary time again!!!!
Here's the sketch we have for you this week.
As you can see, my card is a loose interpretation of the sketch.  I had the idea strike me to use a bank of clouds as the horizontal panel on the sketch and put a bit of silver-lining underneath them. 
For once this was one idea came out exactly what I envisioned in my head!  I'm really pleased with the way it turned out. 
The line thru the middle of the sketch had me stumped a bit, but after contemplating and trying some different ribbon and string I finally came to the conclusion that I needed something transparent.  I cut a slim piece of window sheet and stamped "my friend" on it with Stazon white ink. 
I also added some clear wink of Stella to the stamped sun.


I hope I've inspired you to join us for the sketch challenge at Create with Connie and Mary this week!
Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day! 
Jenny 


8 comments:

  1. I like your fun take on the sketch Jenny - great card :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the bank of clouds and the greeting on the window sheet is brilliant! I just got that sunburst framelit, so love your inspiration! Sorry I've been MIA the past couple weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great Jenny - the most inspiring take on our sketch this week! Love the bank of clouds and the transparent sentiment 'ribbon' - very, very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like what you did with the sentiment stamped on the window sheet. Very clever and it just goes so well with the whole card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your use of clouds with the sunburst - and especially your attention to detail with sponging and the silver lining! The window sheet strip is fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your creative twist with this week's card! Super creative on every level! Lucky to be creating with you on this design team. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely idea. Do like the subtle sentiment on the window sheet x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! What a fun "sunny day" card! Great layout! Love all the elements on the card!

    ReplyDelete