Friday, November 11, 2011

Ka-Pow Kreative Challenge


Hey everyone!  It's another Ka-Pow Kreative Challenge hosted by one of my favorite bloggers.  Check out Carrie's site if you havn't already...she's so talented!  This time KKC05 is a color challenge....Real Red, Not Quite Navy, Sahara Sand and Baja Breeze.  Right away these colors reminded me of the 4th of July, but I wasn't going there.  Carrie made a neat christmas themed card, but I wasn't sure I wanted to go in that direction either.  I knew I wanted to participate in the challenge, so I headed down to my stamping spot and laid out my paper.  Ka-Pow!  It came to me.....baby boy!   These colors would be perfect in a baby boy card!  Yes, my creative juices started flowing and this is what I ended up with!  The only change I had to make was I used Crumb Cake instead of Sahara Sand.  Here are the supplies I used.
Stamps: Word Play
Paper: Real Red, Baja Breeze, Crumb Cake, Not Quite Navy and a retired Real Red DP. Oh yeah, and white
Ink: Red, Baja and Navy Markers
Accessories: Star punch, Neutrals buttons, Designer Frames and Houndstooth EF, Red eyelets, Baja Seam Binding ribbon, oval cutting system from Creative Memories
Thanks for taking a peek at my project!  Have a great 11-11-11 day!  P.S. wouldn't this be a neat day to have a baby?  What a great birth date!
Jenny

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny! This is awesome! I love the bold design and the way you used the colors together. That ribbon detail is fabulous, too. Wow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. FANTASTIC! I love how you've used the challenge colours and a baby card is just perfect. Thanks for playing at KKC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great take on the colour challenge!! I love the eyelets and button; they really add great dimension. So cute!
    Marnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE the dimension on the card - fabulous layering, embossing, matting etc... amazing job. Just brilliant with the baby boy card idea... love how it came to you KA-POW!!!!!!!!! hahahaha Awesome job, Jenny!!
    Smiles, CaroleMac

    ReplyDelete