Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Stamping 411 Sketch Snowflake

Todays card comes by way of Stamping 411 in the form of a sketch challenge.  I really had fun with this card, plus I got to use my brand new set from Stampin Up called The Sounding Joy....and it sure is a beautiful set!  I embossed Joy in Silver and misted the main panel with Shimmer paint/alcohol mist to give some extra shimmer.  I tried to show this in the 2nd photo, although I don't thing it showed up very well.  It's always so much prettier in real life.  The paper I used is an older set of specialty paper that I ordered a while ago thinking I'd use it for wedding cards since it was so classy looking......again with the hoarding thing.....Anyway, I decided now was as good of time as any to use it and it would go perfect with the elegant Sounding Joy set.  The brown paper is a shimmery bronze color and is gorgeous!  I wish I had more of it now!  Oh well! 
Here are the supplies I used.
Stamp: The Sounding Joy, Baroque Motifs
Paper: Early Espresso, Whisper White, retired specialty paper
Ink: VersaMark, Sahara Sand
Accessories: Northern Frost Sizzlits Decorative Strip die, Shimmer paint/alcohol mist, Rhinestone brad, Silver EP, Dotted Scallop Ribbon border, Silver Glitter ribbon from Wal-Mart's christmas wrap section.

4 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Jenny. Love the flourish behind the Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, and the colors are nice. I love non-traditional holiday cards!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!!!! Love that sideways bow!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning card!!! Love that bow!

    ReplyDelete