Monday, November 7, 2011

OCC Masculine

I made this card for the Our Creative Corner Challenge.  The challenge wanted us to make masculine cards, which is something I hear alot of ladies say they struggle with.  I used an elk image that I got at Hobby Lobby.  I stamped it in Chocolate Chip ink and sponged in the backround with More Mustard, Garden Green and more Choc Chip.  Next, I did the cracked glass technique, which is one of my favorites!  I love the look of crackled anything.  Have you seen the nail polish that OPI makes that has the effect of cracked paint?  It's fantasic!  Anyway, back to the card......the card base is Choc Chip with More Mustard layered on top and then a panel each of Garden Green, which I distressed with a sanding block, and some Choc Chip DP.  I embellished with a peice of mustard colored twine.  Pretty simple.  Thanks for looking!
Jenny

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful card .... love the masculine feel from the cracked glass technique(fabulous) to the papers, the twine and the natural muted colours ... great job!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner!!!

    ReplyDelete