Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pretty Snowflake

I've been teaching an adult education cardmaking class at a local highschool for a few weeks now and this is one of the cards we made for the class.  I love the soft look and non-traditional christmas colors.
I used Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, and Pretty in Pink for my color and may I just say that I would love SU! to bring back Soft Sky....I love that color.  Anyhoo, I stamped the main image (the snowflake spot) in white white craft ink, then embossed with white EP.  I used a sponge and rubbed Blue Bayou ink all over to make the snowflakes pop.  Next, I layered everything up.  I used my snowflake and buttone die for the single snowflake accessory topped with a silver cord bow.  I also must say that the silver cord was one of the first things I bought from SU! several years ago and am finally running out of it....I wouldn't mind if they brought this product back either!  The new snowflake embossing folder made a great backdrop for the main image of my card and I layed the sides with a strip of vanilla and punched lace border pink.  Next, I stamped Merry (Tiny Tags) on couple of layed circles and mounted it behind the main panel.  To finish everything off, I misted the whole card with Champagne Shimmer paint/rubbing alcohol to give it a little sparkle....an who doesn't like sparkle!!!! 
Have a fabulous day!
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment