Thursday, February 9, 2012

Fabric Flower

This is a card for The Paper Players Theme Challenge 81using flowers.  My card was also inspired by Renee from Stamping for Sanity.  She does absolutely beautiful work!
The sentiment says: It's a Beautiful Day To Say..... and on the inside it says:  I think you're Special.  I've had this set since way, way back when I first began stamping.  I think I bought it at a little specialty store that used to be in our area.  It was the old foam block kind, so I used the clear mount cling foam from Stampin' Up to convert these oldies into usable stamps.
For the flower, I used the melted ribbon techinque.  It is so fun and easy!  It is amazing to see a bunch of pleated up ribbon transform into a beautiful flower right before your eyes! 

Here are the supplies I used on my card.....
Stamps: Elements of Style, French Script, old sentiment from my stash
Paper: Wisteria Wonder DP, Night of Navy, Pear Pizzaz, White
Ink: Wisteria Wonder, Navy
Accessories: Navy Satin ribbon, Half Pearl, Certainly Celery Polyester ribbon, circle punch, two sided sticky paper.
Thanks for taking a peek!
Jenny 

3 comments:

  1. It IS beautiful! And Renee certainly is a stamper who inspires! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Jenny! I LOVE your flower! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous, Jenny! I love that flower and those slightly distressed layers. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete