Saturday, October 26, 2013

Autumn Lovely Tree ~ PPA177 & JUGS212



 
 
I made this card for Pals Paper Arts 177 sketch challenge. This also works for Just Us Girls photo inspiration challenge 212.  For some reason I couldn't get the JUGS challenge photo to appear on my post.  You'll have to jump on over to the site to see the photo...it's pretty!
PPA177
The sketch is pretty simple and lends itself to all kinds of ideas.  I'm on fall kick, trying to come up with simple cards to do for my card classes.  I wanted to try some water coloring with my class, which is so easy and fun to do.  I started by cutting the big tag from Chalk Talk die set out of watercolor paper.  I stamped the tree in black Stazon ink and then watercolored using my aquapainter.  It's so super simple!!!
I sponged all the edges with Baked Brown Sugar ink and topped the tag with a looped piece of Burlap Ribbon and a Naturals Button.  I layered it on a piece of Tangerine Tango CS after I ran it through the Big Shot with the tree bark EF.  I also sponged it with a bit of BBS ink.  Lastly, I stamped the BBS card base with the wood look stamp from Truly Grateful and added a little banner made from Sweater Weather DSP. 
 
 
Here's a list of my supplies....
 
Stamps: Lovely As A Tree, Truly Grateful
Paper: Baked Brown Sugar, Tangerine Tango, Watercolor, Sweater Weather DSP
Ink: Black Stazon, Baked Brown Sugar
Accessories: Naturals Designer button, Chalk Talk die, Woodgrain EF, Burlap Ribbon
 

 
You can purchase any of these supplies HERE!
 
Thanks for taking a peek!
Jenny

10 comments:

  1. Love the looped burlap, I've never seen that before! So Fall! Thanks for playing with us this week at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun fall card - love the touch of burlap! Thanks for joining in with JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card! Love the burlap ribbon and you watercoloring is very pretty! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Jenny! Love all the texture!!! Thanks for playing along with the JUGS team!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny, what a gorgeous take on the Sketch from the window frame layer to the detail on the tree to your burlap embellishment. Great work with this sketch. Thanks for playing with us at Pals Paper Arts this week. Hope to see more of your beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely use of the wood grain EF, love how you coloured your tree, and the touch of burlap is fabulous!! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! Love the coloring and all the texture. Thanks for joining us this week at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great textures and layers. Love the coloring on your tree too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous fall card, Jenny! Love the touch of burlap and the texture of the woodgrain and stamp! Thanks for joining us in the JUGS challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, the bright orange really makes it pop. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls. I hope you will come back and play again.

    ReplyDelete