Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Hardwood Botanical Blooms ~HSS229


Happy Tuesday everybody!  Today marks another Hand Stamped Sentiment Challenge.  This time's two week challenge is a color one.  The color are Elegant Eggplant, Always Artichoke and Sahara Sand.

Some of you know that purple has never been my go to color and is probably the one I use the least, but I love the way this card turned out!  I can see it done in many different colors as well!  It was super fun to make.
Here's a link to a tutorial on circle masking, which is what I did on this card.


I used new stamps from the 2016 Occasions Catalog called {Botanical Blooms}.  This is a great set of floral images with really cool leaves to go along.  It also has a coordinating die set to go along with it!  I stamped off the flowers and leaves once before stamping onto my cardstock and then stamped the regular strength ink for the centers of the flowers and veins in the leaves.  
After everything was stamped I added a Sahara Sand oval from.  


For a finishing touch, I added some cool shimmer with my new Wink Of Stella pen. It's kinda hard to see in the photograph, but trust me, it adds so much shimmer!  It's so pretty!!!
Lastly, I added pearls to the flower centers.


I hope you'll find time to play along with our elegant color challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments.  Remember, this is a two week challenge and you can enter as many times as you'd like!  Come on, play along!!!!
Here's a list of my supplies.....
Stamps: Hardwood, Botanical Blooms, Happy Home
Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Always Artichoke, Sahara Sand, Tip Top Taupe
Paper: White, Sahara Sand, Copy paper for masking
Accessories: Wink of Stella clear pen, Oval Framelits, basic pearls





1 comment:

  1. This is a gorgeous card! I adore the woodgrain background, and your elegant layered flowers. Very nice!!!

    ReplyDelete