Thursday, August 20, 2015

Opulent Poinsettia ~ CCMC369


Happy Thursday everyone!  It's time for a Create with Connie and Mary Sketch Challenge!  


I was anxious to use some of my new goodies from my Holiday Catalog pre-order, and on this card I'm featuring a set called {Reason for the Season}.  It's got a beautiful two-step stamping poinsettia, which makes it come together in a snap!
My first thought was to place the die cut length wise to mimic the oval in the sketch, but after looking at it I felt like the flower looked better in the horizontal position.  
The background paper is from the fabulous Winter Wonderland specialty DSP pack, as well as the two bottom banners.  This paper is so rich and opulent looking with the gold in it.  The littlest banner was punch from Black Glimmer Paper, which can also be found in the new Holiday Catalog.  The gold sequins are from the metallic sequin assortment, found in the regular catalog. 




I hope you can find some time to play along with us for this weeks challenge!  
Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny


6 comments:

  1. Stunning! Love all the gold accents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the horizontal label too. Beautiful card...very elegant and festive. I like the gold touches too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed, horizontal is the way to go! Your color combo is rich and beautiful! Very elegant Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The poinsettia really stands out against the black background and I love it! You really created one stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The horizontal label looks great and is gorgeous against the rich dark background paper. The gold accents as well as the black glimmer banner are tasteful and classy! Love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such an elegant card with its Christmas colors complimented by black and gold! Great job!

    ReplyDelete