Thursday, November 15, 2018

Marbled Snowflake Blessings ~ CCMC536, WWC196, ATSM218


Hey there stampers!  Today's card is for Create with Connie and Mary Challenge #536.  It's sketch week.  I saw this really cool technique video by Robin Cardon at mypinkstamper.com on how to make this fun marbled shimmer background using rubbing alcohol, re-inkers, and shimmer paint.  It was super fun to do...you should totally try it!  She used glossy cardstock in her tutorial and I tried that too, and it looked great, but I experimented a bit more and just used regular white cardstock which is the piece I ended up using on this card.  I chose Night of Navy re-inker and Champagne Shimmer paint for his sample.  You can't really see the shimmer in the photo, but trust me, it's amazing!  


I'm also entering my card in Watercooler Wednesday's Occasions challenge, and of course my occasion is Christmas, and also Addicted to Stamps and More Holiday challenge.

For the snowflakes on my card, I sponged Blueberry Bushel and Balmy Blue ink onto White cardstock and then cut out the snowflakes with the Blizzard Thinlits die.  I spritzed them with some shimmer spray to make them extra sparkly, too!  
The Blueberry Bushel background piece is embossed with my Cable Knit TIEF.


I decorated the inside with a strip of the left over marbled background paper.

Here's a list of my supplies....
Stamps: Christmas Pines
Ink: Night of Navy re-inker, Blueberry Bushel, Balmy Blue
Paper: Whisper White, Balmy Blue, Blueberry Bushel
Accessories: Blizzard Thinlits die, Cable Knit TIEF, a cotton ball, rubbing alcohol, Champagne Shimmer paint, Clear faceted gems, silver thread

Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny

6 comments:

  1. A great use of that lovely EF, Jenny to form the background! Gorgeous colours! Thanks so much for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blues! The marbling is perfect against that cozy-looking embossed background. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure the shimmer is lovely in person, it is a wonderful card! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Jenny, I love that marbled effect! Now I'm just going to have to try it myself. I wish the shimmer showed up in the photos. But even without the shimmer, the effect is lovely against that deeply embossed background. Love the colours you've chosen and the sketch you interpreted. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card Jenny. I love the beautiful embossing on the front and that the inside of the card is pretty too!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Addicted to Stamps and More.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful card. Love the gorgeous background. Great to see you in the ATSM gallery. Hope to see you again soon. Nandini DT

    ReplyDelete