Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Miami Vice Palms ~ HSS316, Fusion Rainbow Birds, PP444



Hey Stampers!  It's time for another challenge from Hand Stamped Sentiments.....a photo inspiration challenge!  
I decided to go with the palm trees in the left bottom corner as my jumping off point.  I also used the inspiration and sketch from Fusion Card Challenge - Rainbow birds.  And lastly, I took the Summer Vacation theme from The Paper Players #444.
Who remembers the 80's and the bright pastels of Miami Vice?  That's exactly what these palm trees reminded me of once my card was complete.  I even used a retired embossing folder called Tiny Triangles.  The triangles reminded me of the 80's as well.  I grew up in the 80's so I'm really loving the nostalgia I'm getting from this fun card! 
The skinny sentiment strip is stamped with a sentiment from Home To Roost and is popped up with dimensionals.  I feel like the sentiment font could go a little 80's as well...perfect for the Miami Vice palm trees! 



Here's a list of my supplies.....
Stamps: Waterfront, Home to Roost
Ink: Highland Heather, Lemon Lime Twist, Grapefruit Grove, Flirty Flamingo, Coastal Cabana, Balmy Blue, Crumb Cake, Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: White, Flirty Flamingo, Black, Lemon Lime Twist, Coastal Cabana
Accessories: Tiny Triangles EF, Iridescent Sequins

Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny

4 comments:

  1. I love this! Maybe b/c I grew up in the 80's, too! ;) Love your fun colors with the black embossed BG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your layout! Makes me think of a post card. Fun, bright colors! Thanks for playing along with the theme challenge this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, Jenny! I love these cards. They definitely remind of Miami Vice. The palm trees are perfect for a summer vacation theme. Thank you so much for sharing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great way to highlight those pretty pastel colors...the black background really makes them stand out! We are so happy that you shared this with us at the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete