Thursday, December 19, 2019

Christmas Gleaming Bird ~ CCMC592


Hello stampers and welcome to another Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Sketch Challenge.  I've combined two different stamp sets to make my card this week....Christmas Gleaming and Free as a Bird, which was inspired by the case the designer challenge at Global Design Project. As long as I've had this Free as a Bird set I've wanted to make the birds into Christmas birds.  I'm happy I finally did it and it was such fun!
I stamped the large bird image and two of the holly images on watercolor paper with Stazon ink and watercolored with my aquapainter and ink pads.  The colors I used are: Sahara Sand, Soft Suede, Real Red, and Shaded Spruce.  
I fussy cut them all out after they dried.  I added Shimmery Crystal Effects to the holly berries to make them stand out a bit more.
The images are layered on a piece of Night of Navy CS embossed with the Softly Falling EF, and then layered on a mat of Real Red.  The Background is the wonderful Wrapped in Plaid DSP.  
My horizontal accents consist of a Real Red Strip, embossed with the Subtle EF, and a itty bitty strip of gold glimmer, topped off with a bow of linen thread.


My card also takes in the Festive Friday Challenge using metallic paper, embossing folder, and snow/snowflakes. 





Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Jenny! I love the embossed Night of Navy panel. It's a great backdrop for the bird nestled within the holly. Adding Crystal Effects to the holly berries is a perfect accent! Thank you for playing at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Jenny! Love how that beautifully colored image pops on the navy background. Thanks so much for sharing over at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Your project was selected as a Festive Fave over at the Festive Friday Challenge. As a reminder, you can hop over to the challenge to grab your winners badge for your blog. Thanks so much for joining us and I hope you will play along again really soon!

    ReplyDelete